An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

getting rid of sold properties

Support, questions and ideas about the property-bee toolbar

Re: getting rid of sold properties

Postby Beerhunter on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Claremac wrote:Yay!!!! Delete functionality - many thanks! I have been through and deleted the many hundreds of properties which I have had a nosey at from Land's End to John O'Groats and everywhere in between it seems. Some of them I can't even remember looking at! All seemed to work perfectly well and it got me to thinking about whether you could incorporate a "look but don't save" mode for nosey people like me. There are often times I would like to look at an area (mostly when I am watching the property shows and I'm looking to see if the property ever sold!) but do not want the properties I view to be saved to the sidebar. Would there be any chance of a menu selection which turns the sidebar save functionality on and off but still allows the user to see the PB data on Rightmove etc.?

I hope that that explanation is intelligible. I just read it back and I'm not sure.........

Look and don't save... possibly, tho I think it may confuse people (just based on the number of problems reported with 'work in a bee' being unticked)

I think the real solution is to make the sidebar more granular, ie displaying properties from certain areas but not others....

But first lets get deleting done and dusted ;)

I'm testing a new version now, and will be available to download from this thread this evening!

Improvements are;

* only left clicking on a property in the sidebar displays the webpage

* right clicking on the side bar displays a popup menu, which has the following

1) Show property (Return) - displays the properties webpage
2) Delete property (Delete) - deleted the property from the sidebar
3) Undelete property (Shift Delete) - undeletes the property from the sidebar
4) Refresh Sidebar (F5) - forces the sidebar to redraw itself

* keyboard shortcuts are available (in brackets above), tho sometimes Firefox moves focus from the sidebar to the webpage - so it can be a bit hit and miss at times :(

-- Edit to add

Almost forgot about kebabman's bug report on the colours - will look at that now!
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:50 pm

This evening has come quicker than expected.

I've just uploaded property-bee 2.0.6.3 with improved deleting from sidebar which covers all the comments / bugs reported so far (see the prvious post for details)

I've spent about 30 minutes testing it, and not noticed any issues (other then key focus sometimes being webpage and not the sidebar)

Unless anyone spots any major issues, I'm hoping to release this version officially as 2.0.7.0 to everyone within the next week :shock:

Cheers
BH
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby kebabman on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:43 pm

The bug I mentioned regarding the colours is fixed for me in the latest build thanks.
Previously I was able to use my down arrow key to move the highlighted line down one line in the sidebar and this would bring up the next properties page from Rightmove, unfortunately the highlighted line moves down fine but the next property doesn't show now.
Cheers
PS I have just reinstalled the previous main release and when I move down a line in the sidebar the properties change again.
kebabman

Postby Beerhunter on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:30 pm

kebabman wrote:The bug I mentioned regarding the colours is fixed for me in the latest build thanks.

No problem, in the end it was just a stupid mistake on my part :oops:

kebabman wrote:Previously I was able to use my down arrow key to move the highlighted line down one line in the sidebar and this would bring up the next properties page from Rightmove, unfortunately the highlighted line moves down fine but the next property doesn't show now.
Cheers
PS I have just reinstalled the previous main release and when I move down a line in the sidebar the properties change again.

Yup, unfortunately Firefox isn't playing ball and not sure I can force it too :(

On the plus side you can

* hold down shift and cursor/page up/down to select a block of properties to delete/undelete
* cursor/page up/down and hit enter/return to display the selected property

Also I think this is "expected behaviour", for example if you open the bookmark sidebar in forefox (control-B) it works in the same way, cursor up/down selects the previous/next bookmark, enter displays it.

Cheers
BH

The techie stuff, for anyone interested

Prior to this version, everytime a row was selected (via mouse or keyboard) PB showed the properties webpage using the onSelect event handler

In this version, I've changed it so that right clicking with the mouse only selects the row in the sidebar - I think this is a good idea, esp when trying to delete stuff via the popup menu - you don't really want it opening the webpage too!

Unfortunately the onSelect event handler doesn't provide mouse button info, so I've had to use onMouseDown instead.

The side affect is that using the keyboard to navigate the sidebar no longer automatically opens the webpage, however I've added a short cut key, so that pressing return will display the page for you.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Hows everyone getting on with this version?

Either your all quiet cause it works perfectly, or afraid you might hurt my feelings with a bug report ;)

I've added one minor change (not available to download yet), which allows you to
* right click on a row (to just select it)
* then hold down shift and/or control and *left* click on another row, without the webpage being displayed.

Other than that, it looks good to me.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support and Questions