An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Property Bee 2.0.14.0 feedback

Support, questions and ideas about the property-bee toolbar

Property Bee 2.0.14.0 feedback

Postby Beerhunter on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Happy New Year everyone!

Now I've managed to shift my hangover, Property Bee 2.0.14.0 has been released :D

If you have any questions, comments or problems please post them here, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers
BH
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Re: Property Bee 2.0.14.0 feedback

Postby Beerhunter on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I've seen one error so far with 2.0.14.0 - a "Failed to initialise toolbar" error.

If anyone sees this error could you follow the steps described here please, as it will both solve your problem and allow me to investigate why the error occurs.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby tommyturnip on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:37 am

After upgrading PB stopped working in FF5.0, the toolbar loaded but there was no integration with webpages and newly viewed properties did not show up in the sidebar. Work In A Bee is unticked every time I start FF. Going back to 2.0.13.0 returns all functionality.
tommyturnip

Postby Beerhunter on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 am

tommyturnip wrote:After upgrading PB stopped working in FF5.0, the toolbar loaded but there was no integration with webpages and newly viewed properties did not show up in the sidebar. Work In A Bee is unticked every time I start FF. Going back to 2.0.13.0 returns all functionality.

Thats strange! I've just done a quick test with both Firefox 5.0 and 3.5.19 (the oldest version PB supports) and both seem ok on using Windows 7 (64bit).

A few questions;
* After upgrading and Firefox restarting, did you see the upgrade wizard and where you able to complete it?
* Were there any error messages?
* What other firefox add-ons you have installed?

I'm not sure of the cause but a few ideas to try;
* I would be tempted to say update to the latest Firefox, however my gut feeling is this may not fix the issue.
* One issue I have seen in the past is Firefox corrupting the files it uses to store information about the extensions it has, which means updating add-ons doesn't work correctly. See here on how to fix this - I think this is worth trying

If none of the above help, can you do the following please;
* Exit Firefox
* Go to your Firefox Profile folder (see http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles)
* Find the file called 'property-bee.sqlite'
* Email this file to admin <at> Property - Bee <dot> com.

If you do this, I can run PB with your config/property history/account and investigate further to see whats happening.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Dunkin_Donuts on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Working fine for me on 9.0.1 (Lion for Mac)! Good work!
Dunkin_Donuts

Postby simon4915 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:12 am

Loooks good, but each page of properties (currently set at 10 properties/page) is taking c. 12 seconds to load. It takes as long doing the same serach second time round. Any suggestions for speeding things up would be gratefully receieved. I use Vista :(
Many thanks
simon4915

Postby ABN on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:51 pm

FireFox 9.0.1 with version 2.0.14.0
Installed fine but has slowed rightmove down to a crawl. Pages take ages to load.

To check that rightmove was not having a bad day disabled PB, then rightmove loads as normal so problem would appear to lie with this version of PB.

Tried to revert to an older version but FireFox said it was not compatable with ver 9.

See no one else has mentioned this so perhaps something I have done wrong?
ABN

Postby vectistim on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:37 pm

2.0.14 + 9.0.1 The toolbar is visible but the only button that seems to work is the options button. I can bring up the side bar but its not registering that I've looked at any rightmove today, and no information about the properties being displayed.
vectistim

Postby Farjer on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Looks absolutely awesome. I just logged in here to say this - haven't found any bugs yet.

Fantastic work, guys!!!
Farjer

Postby Farjer on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:30 pm

OK, while I'm here - a feature request: it would be nice to be able to toggle between auto-scaled y-axis and a zeroed one. Default could stay auto-scaled.
Farjer

Postby Beerhunter on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:53 pm

tommyturnip wrote:After upgrading PB stopped working in FF5.0, the toolbar loaded but there was no integration with webpages and newly viewed properties did not show up in the sidebar. Work In A Bee is unticked every time I start FF. Going back to 2.0.13.0 returns all functionality.

tommyturnip,

Thanks for emailing the files. It looks like the upgrade to 2.0.14.0 of your local property-bee.sqlite file was successful, so at the moment I can only assume that its a firefox issue - unless you can provide further error messages and/or details.

I do however suggest trying the fix described on http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_ ... sion_files as I've certainly had similar issues in the past (with Firefox 3.0, 3.5 and 4 at least) which lead to strange behaviour like you describe.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Dunkin_Donuts wrote:Working fine for me on 9.0.1 (Lion for Mac)! Good work!

Thanks Dunkin_Donuts :D
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 pm

simon4915 wrote:Loooks good, but each page of properties (currently set at 10 properties/page) is taking c. 12 seconds to load. It takes as long doing the same serach second time round. Any suggestions for speeding things up would be gratefully receieved. I use Vista :(
Many thanks

Hi Simon

I had this whilst I was developing this version, and never got the the bottom of the problem as it went away before I could discover what the cause was.

Could you try the follow (in this order please)

1) On the toolbar, select "Options", then "Show timings", and browse some properties on rightmove (or whichever site you use).

After the page has loaded you'll get a pop up with some numbers in - could post these numbers for me please? If your using Windows you should be able to select the text within the pop up with the mouse, and do a control-C to copy the text.

2) On the toolbar, select "Wizards" then "Compact the database". This optimises your local database, and may make things a bit faster.

3) Exit Firefox, and defragment your had disk.

4) I've got a hunch what might be causing the issue, so could you install 2.0.14.1. This is the same as 2.0.14.0 except it does work out the releated properties until you click on the related properties icon. The downside is the bubble above the related properties icon showing the number of related properties shows 'tbd' for all properties - the upside, I hope, is this version is much much quicker for you!
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby Beerhunter on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 pm

ABN wrote:FireFox 9.0.1 with version 2.0.14.0
Installed fine but has slowed rightmove down to a crawl. Pages take ages to load.

To check that rightmove was not having a bad day disabled PB, then rightmove loads as normal so problem would appear to lie with this version of PB.

Tried to revert to an older version but FireFox said it was not compatable with ver 9.

See no one else has mentioned this so perhaps something I have done wrong?

Hi ABN

Sorry about that, no you haven't done wrong... but I might of :o

See my post above (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11512&p=15137#p15137) if you could try the same, that would be grand and give me a bit more info to go on.
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby vectistim on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:12 pm

vectistim wrote:2.0.14 + 9.0.1 The toolbar is visible but the only button that seems to work is the options button. I can bring up the side bar but its not registering that I've looked at any rightmove today, and no information about the properties being displayed.

The above was with Windows 7, I've just fired up by linux netbook Firefox 3.6.23 and 2.0.14 installed with no problems and is working fine.

On restarting the Windows version it didn't take me through the registration screen, so that's probably the problem - is there a way to force it to do so?
vectistim

Next

Return to Support and Questions