An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Starting over...?

Support, questions and ideas about the property-bee toolbar

Starting over...?

Postby MichelleHudson on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi

I've used PB over a couple of years to look at property data; my searches have covered various parts of the UK because my business partners and I were prospecting, researching and buying in different regions. This means that my PB sidebar shows data from all over the country.

I want to 'start over'. I'm now settled in an area and want to focus my research there, but the data from all of my historic searches keep popping up. I typically export the file to csv so I can analyse it, but with all the old data (sometimes 100+ lines) I'm finding that I'm spending a LOT of time cleaning up my data set before I can even start working on it.

How do I wipe all historic data from my PB toolbar so that I can start fresh? I've tried deleting the application and re-downloading... I'm clearly not a techie :roll: so hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance
Michelle
MichelleHudson

Re: Starting over...?

Postby MichelleHudson on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi folks - no reply yet... can anyone help?

Thank you!

Michelle
MichelleHudson

Re: Starting over...?

Postby s-p on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi Michelle,

When you remove the extension Property Bee from Firefox the underlying data/settings are retained on your local machine. As a result, when you reinstall the extension again the original data is available to you.

There are a couple of ways to achieve what you want, so I'll try and explain what is probably the simplest and safest method.

Step 1: Remove the extension Property Bee from your Firefox installation.
Step 2: Close all instances of the Firefox application if you have any open.
Step 3: Navigate to the folder on your local machine where the Property Bee data is held. Now this will depend on the operating system (and potentially version of Firefox) you're running. For example, I would locate the profile folder on my local machine by opening a Windows Explorer window and putting "%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles" (without "") into the address bar and pressing enter.

Assuming you're a standard user of Firefox you'll probably see one folder named something like "xxxxxxxx.default", where the xxxxxxxx part of the name is unique to you. Open up this folder and find a file called "property-bee.sqlite". This is the file that contains all your data.

Note: You'll probably see a number of very similar files with the extension .bak, assuming you have the setting "Backup Database on Exit" enabled. You can leave these files alone.

Step 4: In order for Property Bee to no longer use this file, you either need to rename it or delete it depending on preference. Renaming the file allows you to restore your original data if you need it for whatever reason, whilst delete will obviously remove these property details from your machine entirely.

Step 5: Install Property Bee extension.

*Please note that you'll be taken through the install wizard as if this were a complete fresh install. You should use your original login details if you can remember them.

All done. Open up the sidebar or export the data to confirm that you have no properties listed from previous searches.

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask.
Scott
s-p

Return to Support and Questions