An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

Rightmove status not updating

Support, questions and ideas about the property-bee toolbar

Rightmove status not updating

Postby Valespark on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi,

Having problems with PB, since update to Rightmove site.

Property status is not being updated. Properties already in my history are continuing to show as "available etc" when they are flagged as sold on RM, plus new properties are added to the sidebar with status showing as blank.

I assume they have changed the tag name for the status field, but does anyone have a work around or know if PB is still being updated??
Valespark

Re: Rightmove status not updating

Postby THEUKCRASH on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:30 pm

hope it gets fixed soon, EU exit means time for action once again
THEUKCRASH

Postby needle on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:22 pm

needle
Beta Tester

Postby Valespark on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Doesn't work for me. I am on correct version of PB 18.2 and FF ver 47.0.1.

I am assuming that rightmove have changed the tag name for the status on the property page, and PB is still looking for an old tag that no longer exists.

Ole properties are not changing to sold. New listings are blank in the status column in the sidebar.
Valespark

Re: Rightmove status working again

Postby lurch on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:56 am

2.1.0.2 update is working well for me.

Thank-you.
lurch

Re: Rightmove status working again

Postby BobEvansc on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:02 am

lurch wrote:2.1.0.2 update is working well for me.

Thank-you.

Not sure it is working a 100% though,. It does not appear to be picking up the sold data correctly in fact in the property tables it does not even show the Sold data. In the Excel export I have some showing the sold data but a lot are not. Need to do some more checking to be certain

CORRECTION. It does show the SOLD data against some of the SOLD properties. It appear to be those prior to about June . Not sure when Rightmove changed the layout. It may be that SOLD data has only been picjked up on propertties SOLD prior to the lay out chanfe Newewr ones it does not appear to be picking up the SOLD data
BobEvansc

Postby Valespark on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Status column in sidebar is still not being updated for me
Valespark

Postby robfox77 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:43 pm

Thanks, I've installed the latest update to Property-Bee and it's working again for me.

However, Property-Bee reports changes in the property description when nothing has actually changed. It looks like it's comparing the two different versions of the description, but in one version the html character codes have been converted to characters (eg "£" and "&") and in the other version they haven't been converted (eg "£" and "&")

robfox77

Postby BobEvansc on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:10 am

Still not working properly. I guess it is no longer supported. Shame as it was qquite useful
BobEvansc

Postby DaveLDN on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:03 pm

It IS supported. I've reported the issues and the parent company are allocating some time this week for their coders to fix this bug. It seems to surround special characters.

They'll have it sorted soon. keep checking back.
DaveLDN

Postby needle on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:45 pm

DaveLDN wrote:It IS supported. I've reported the issues and the parent company are allocating some time this week for their coders to fix this bug. It seems to surround special characters.

They'll have it sorted soon. keep checking back.

Hi DaveLDn - youre on the money again, I see.

What I've noticed is that some props are now marked as Sold / STC by a small graphic as in the photo above.
These properties do not have their Status changed in the history listing.
However they are registered as Sold by rightmove.

Secondly,
Some props that are marked as sold (with the 'Sold' tag such as this one http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 27307.html )
Do not show an update on the main search screen.
When I click on the property to open it in its own screen, it updates the data with the original or last price making it look as though the prop is on the market again.
This has happened with a LOT of properties in my area recently.
Whats most confusing is that (so far) NONE of the properties listed has appeared on the LR figures to conclusively 'prove' a selling price.

Something funny is going on here and its more than just a PB bug (although that IS part of the problem).
I wonder is RM running two datasets - one for 'subscribers' to get early access to property listings and another for the general public?
Perhaps EAs just arent updating their DBs?
Or maybe EAs are listing properties as 'Sold' even though they havent actually sold them?

Conspiracy ahoy!
needle
Beta Tester

Postby DaveLDN on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:52 am

That example you gave - From a Rightmove perspective shows SOLD stc on both property page and search page - So to me the Rightmove seems to be working properly.

Perhaps give the new version a chance when it arrices. It's a centralized 'bee hive' so once any member of PB goes to the page it updates the central database with their findings? That's my understanding anyway. So perhaps someone in your area has an old version of PB running. Who knows!

I have also seen lots of SOLD stc stuff get put back on - which looks suspect to me. If you seem anything you don't like the look of, you can ask Rightmove's data quality team to check it out. Particularly now that 'Portal Juggling' is illegal.

Dataquality@rightmove.co.uk

They are very good at replying - and seem to take it seriously from my end. Just not sure how 'told off' the actual EA gets, as we're not privy to that.

All the best.
DaveLDN

Postby BobEvansc on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:07 am

THe problem appears to be Property bee is not picking up the Sold data the only ones I am seeing coorectlyy are thoe that sold prior to the Rightmove format change for new propertie where Rightmove has the Sold graphic it does not refelect in the property bee data. It picks up new properties ok though. The last ones I am seeing as sold are for the 1st of August. It is easiest to see the issue in an Excel export another minor issue is the sidebar does not populate with data
BobEvansc

Postby needle on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:19 am

DaveLDN wrote:That example you gave - From a Rightmove perspective shows SOLD stc on both property page and search page - So to me the Rightmove seems to be working properly.

Sorry dave I wasnt clear.
That property does show sold stc on the heading and on the main page,

But take this (random) example http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... cyCode=GBP

Here there are 3 properties displaying different errors -

Malvern Drive shows as Sold with the new graphic icon but the Status has not changed.
Additionally it shows two new updates Price Changed from yesterday and today because - and only because - on both day I clicked on the house to view the listing in full. This did not show in the initial listing search results.

Gaddum Road listing shows (in PB) an initial listing of 15/5/16 but the rightmove information says 'Added on 04/08/2016'
Now - as an example - I just clicked on that property and PB populated the data with a new entry for today, showing the Price Changed to £675000. It will on next refresh then populate the main search page.
(I think I'll have to screen shot some searches to explain what I mean.)
I cant imagine what sort of error has PB picking up a prop 3 months before RM says it was first listed....

Thanks for the email data report link but I think if PB is collecting, populating, producing erroneous data its actually becoming more of an obstacle to research than a useful tool.
needle
Beta Tester

Postby needle on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:43 am

burlington 1.jpg
First spotted as Sold on search listing.
burlington 1.jpg (179.86 KiB) Viewed 8305 times
Heres an example for anyone interested - random house in my area - First spotted as Sold on search listing.
needle
Beta Tester

Next

Return to Support and Questions