An important announcement from the founder of property-bee.com: The future of Property Bee is assured.

myhome.ie support

Support, questions and ideas about the property-bee toolbar

myhome.ie support

Postby irishguy on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi, firstly I really love this tool it has been of great use, but is there any chance you could include http://www.myhome.ie as a supported site, as this site has the majority of listing in Ireland (and a number of which are not on daft.ie). Would be very grateful if you could do this..
irishguy

Re: myhome.ie support

Postby banjopotato on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:24 pm

I'd like to request that you support myhome.ie as well. Myhome.ie is bigger than Daft.ie for sales and some of the biggest estate agents here list only on myhome.ie. With myhome.ie and daft.ie, you'd have Ireland well and truly covered.
banjopotato

Postby Bunty on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:45 am

I concur with the previous comments...fab tool..sadly i export into excel and do all time of analysis...the addition of myhome.ie would be great!!!
Bunty

Postby Beerhunter on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:48 pm

I've added Enhancement #141 (see http://www.property-bee.com/bugs.php) to support myhome.ie, however I have a another site (or two) to add first, so not sure when myhome will be added... but its on the list now :)
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby dloob on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:53 pm

It will be a difficult one. If you have a look at a listing you'll notice that the price is an image with a random name not just plain text.
They did this to block any tracking of price changes.
So you'd need some kind of OCR to read it and no doubt they would try to block it once they found out about it.
I think it's a site on the decline anyway, http://www.google.com/trends?q=myhome.ie%2C+daft.ie
dloob

Postby Beerhunter on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14 pm

dloob wrote:It will be a difficult one. If you have a look at a listing you'll notice that the price is an image with a random name not just plain text.
They did this to block any tracking of price changes.
So you'd need some kind of OCR to read it and no doubt they would try to block it once they found out about it.
I think it's a site on the decline anyway, http://www.google.com/trends?q=myhome.ie%2C+daft.ie

Ah hadn't noticed that before! Yes makes it more or less impossible - or rather the effort required to write a OCR, I wouldn't have time!

So unfortunately unless myhome change their policy, I won't support it :(

Cheers
BH
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby needle on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:10 pm

Just bringing this up to date, BH.

Request from some Pinsters

provost wrote:maybe beerhunter would be able to add support now that myhome have changed their website to having prices in plain text and property ids simple to identify

Seems that MyHome.ie have changed their format to ensure compatability with PB :)

Any chance of porting over to MyHome too?
needle
Beta Tester

Postby s-p on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:54 pm

needle wrote:Just bringing this up to date, BH.

provost wrote:maybe beerhunter would be able to add support now that myhome have changed their website to having prices in plain text and property ids simple to identify

Seems that MyHome.ie have changed their format to ensure compatability with PB :)

If BH doesn't mind, I'll see if I can do some of the ground work to enable support for MyHome.
Scott
s-p

Postby Beerhunter on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:34 am

s-p wrote:
needle wrote:Just bringing this up to date, BH.

If BH doesn't mind, I'll see if I can do some of the ground work to enable support for MyHome.

If someones willing to do the work (and support it) as its a site/area they are interested in then I have no problem.

Tho at the moment I think rightmove accounts for ~85% of usage and daft another ~10%... and hence these are the main concerns. The rest (espc/gspc/sspc/propertynews) account for ~5% in total (btw I haven't included primelocation in the stats as haven't looked at them since 2.0.6.0 was released)

So I guess I'm saying, my effort will always be concentrated where the most users are - not because I use those sites or believe them to be the best, but because it makes the most people happy when stuff is fixed. So if developers wish to support "lesser" sites because thats an area or site they are interested in, I'm all for it.

Cheers
BH
Beerhunter
Site Admin

Postby kinet1c on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Just wanted to know if anything has come of this?
kinet1c

Return to Support and Questions